RE: Need Suggestions for a Basic (Free or Inexpensive) HTML Editor

Subject: RE: Need Suggestions for a Basic (Free or Inexpensive) HTML Editor
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Henry J. Wicko II" <henry -dot- wicko -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:24:19 -0600

Henry J. Wicko II wrote:

> Please let me add a correction to my statement below. The
> version I have asks how to register the product after every
> three saves or so. To do this, you need to click the Help button.

I don't understand what you're trying to say -- it asks _how_ to
register? Click the Help button?

Be that as it may, I've looked at the TextPad website, and it's crystal
clear to me that Dan Goldstein is correct -- you're legally and morally
obligated to pay for TextPad if, after a reasonable evaluation period,
you decide to keep it and continue to use it.

The fact that you "can keep using the free copy for as long as we like"
because there is no "date expiration" that _forcibly_ prevents you from
stealing it is no excuse. Do you believe you can help yourself to other
people's property any time they fail to lock it up?

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer