RE: Death knell for quality content?

Subject: RE: Death knell for quality content?
From: "Ronquillo, Michael" <mronquillo -at- equitrac -dot- com>
To: <hls_ut -at- comcast -dot- net>, "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, <john -at- garisons -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:59:20 -0400

I hope that the rise of mediocre writing won't phase the superb writers
out. If you think of other occupations, it's quite sad that the role of
a writer can be practiced by virtually anyone. I certainly hope our
industry won't lose its value and be cheapened.

Michael Ronquillo
Technical Writer - Equitrac
1-800-472-9532 x2334
mronquillo -at- equitrac -dot- com
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
> > From: john -at- garisons -dot- com
>
> > Is this really what we are going to start getting? Content is
> > king ... but
> > if people really believe that crappy content is just as good
> > as quality
> > content, we are in a heap of trouble.
>
> I think that what is happening is that people want to see articles
written
> by people like themselves and not articles that seem like they were
written
> by an expert or an outsider looking in. The average person has
average
> writing ability and will make grammatical and other writing errors.
So,
> content that is less than perfect is more palatable and approachable
than
> content that is polished.
>
> It isn't a looming "heap of trouble"; it is a change audience's
perception
> of documentation. Writers will need to adjust their writing styles to
> appeal to the audience that wants informal, familiar documentation.
This

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/hls_ut%40comcast.net

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats
or

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as mronquillo -at- equitrac -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/mronquillo%40equitrac
.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList