RE: Formatting Hurdles

Subject: RE: Formatting Hurdles
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:19:39 -0400

Just noticed that the post below makes me appear even dumber than I am.

I think that our servers and firewalls, in insidious collusion with
/e/v/i/l/ er.... virus checkers have begun differentiating not just
between plain text and formatted e-mail, but between html and rtf
formatted, with the former being the more suspicious and threatening.
So, some formatted mail goes out untouched, and some finds itself
getting unformatted (or separated into plain and html parts, with the
html part getting dropped).
Also (and let's see if this separate para gets jammed up against the
preceding one) Outlook is supposed to match the style of a message to
which one is replying (whether formatted or plain), but that setting
seems to be suffering its share of overriding, too. Perhaps there's a
contribution due to the high number of Blackberry users in the company
now. Maybe some server settings or order-of-servers have changed since
last year... or some new service pack has been applied.