Re: Mimic, Captivate - Preferences of Screencasting?

Subject: Re: Mimic, Captivate - Preferences of Screencasting?
From: "Collin Turner" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Abby Klemmer" <aklemmer -at- factset -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 09:17:44 -0700

Abby,

I'll certainly give the new version of Camtasia a shot - I'm never a "one
tool fits all" person. I believe there are many to fit most situations.
Thanks for the heads up.

I don't exclusively do training, but I agree with what you're saying here.
Screencasting is merely a new facet on the jewel. I don't believe it's a
trend because it's being bent rather nicely to fit many needs. I've used it
to do software simulations, Web site demos, Wire frames, training,
presentations...and the list moves along a line from there. It's at a point
where I have a difficult time defining it as "Screencasting" any
longer...but that's the word with buzz, so it's used.

I still prefer writing as "the" medium.
-Collin Turner
The unofficial words of a Tech Writer
http://www.collinturner.com