RE: RoboHelp 6 and 7

Subject: RE: RoboHelp 6 and 7
From: "Victoria Wroblewski" <victoria -dot- wroblewski -at- eagletest -dot- com>
To: "Zen C" <zenizenc -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:14:20 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Zen C
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 10:16 AM
Cc: techwr-l List

> I found an article that listed all the problems of RoboHelp 7. A patch
seems
> to have resolved all the issues. Is anyone using RoboHelp 7 that can
confirm
> this.

Technical issues... yes, it fixed a lot of them.

Take a look at the Adobe forums to get a real idea of what it is like to
transition from 5 to 7. There are plenty of people who are doing it.
Some people have no problems, others do.

We were looking at it for awhile, but opted to stay with RH5 simply
because there is not currently time in the development cycle to fix it
if the entire system goes "blammo!" and breaks, and we have some major
issues with the "code cleanup" that the HTML tool does (it takes nice,
compliant HTML code and makes a mess out of it) which made a move to RH7
a no-go.

As with any upgrade.... download an evaluation version and give it a try
with a test project, and see if you like it.

- Victoria

**This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.**

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList