RE: [TOOLS] PCI-e versus PCI-e Graphic slots

Subject: RE: [TOOLS] PCI-e versus PCI-e Graphic slots
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:14:19 -0400

Other than a really pretty line of carats "^^^^^^" from ASTeC, nobody
responded. :-)

Does anybody know if there's anything special about PCI-e slots that are
designated "graphics" (or "gen2 graphics")?
Googling has not yet revealed if they have special additions or
restrictions to make them function differently than a "standard" PCI-e
x16 slot should.