RE: Saving email to Access database?

Subject: RE: Saving email to Access database?
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:03:03 -0400

Hi Nancy,

That was me, with a little help from Hans V. at Woody's Lounge. But I
prefer using Access to save to Excel, as follows:

1. Open new MDB file in Access.

Repeat steps 2-7 for each desired Outlook folder:
2. File => Get External Data => Import.
3. File Type Outlook, select desired Outlook folder.
4. Copy imported table.
5. Open new Excel file.
6. Edit => Paste Special => Text.
7. Save and close Excel file.

8. Delete imported Access table and close Access DB.
9. Delete new MDB file.

The Excel columns include the date and time that messages are received,
created, and modified. Of course, they also include the Priority,
Subject, From, CC, To, Message Size, Contents [body], Prefix [RE, FW],
etc.

I guess if you want to save it as an Access DB, you could stop after
step 3.

- Dan Goldstein

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList