Re: there is vs. there's

Subject: Re: there is vs. there's
From: "Zen C" <zenizenc -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:59:53 -0400

Do you recommend following a formal style when writing a SOP for a company
or informal (meaning using the spoken style of English)?

The reason I am asking is, I am checking a SOP that is written using the
"speaking style" of English and not sure if I should provide my feedback
saying "use writing style." There is not set standards the company follows,
this is the first SOP the company has documented.