Re: Naming template styles

Subject: Re: Naming template styles
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:32:07 +0100

2008/4/25 Hemstreet, Deborah <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>:
> >There are disadvantages to that in Word. In the specific case you
> >describe, you can no longer use outline view to order sections.
> >

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Yes you can, you have to define this in the paragraph style....
>
> In the Format Paragraph dialog box, change the outline level to Level 1
>
> I've never had difficulty with this.

If you try promoting/demoting headings in Outline view, you'll find
that the default Heading x style is applied to the promoted or demoted
heading. You would then have to manually re-apply your custom
variation of the style.

That doesn't matter if you don't use Outline view in this way. I'm
just pointing this out as a potential drawback for anybody else who
does use Outline view extensively and who is thinking of building a
style hierarchy for their template. Remember that you have to consider
not only your own working style, but also that of any others who will
use the same template.

Regards
Jonathan

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList