Re: Building experience--quit after six months or tough it out?

Subject: Re: Building experience--quit after six months or tough it out?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Joe Pairman" <joepairman -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- uk>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 08:30:08 -0700

What's the coworker base and turnover rate like there?
I would expect that any service company that does that
bad a job of matching its capabilities and its workload
probably has pretty high turnover and not very many
people with a high level of experience, and is essentially
loaded with people who are there for the same reason
you are - to gain experience. If you see a substantial
number of people leaving who started with the company
after you did, that's a big red flag that you've gotten the
experience you came for and it's time to think about
moving on.

I'd start looking now but not quit until I actually found
something. Getting another offer is the most sure-fire
method I know of determining that you've added sufficient
experience to your record.

Gene Kim-Eng