Re: Adding "notes" pages to a reference manual?

Subject: Re: Adding "notes" pages to a reference manual?
From: Mike Starr <mikestarr-techwr-l -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:18:31 -0500

I'd suggest getting back to the consulting group with the alternate proposal. If that's acceptable to them, everybody's happy. If you have a corporate style guide that *already* explicitly prohibits this sort of thing, point it out to the consulting group. If not, what are the design department's objections to doing it the way the consulting group wants it? Is it a battle that's really worth fighting? Sometimes we have to accept the preferences of our internal clients when they conflict with our own but it's often worth while in the long run in that it buys you good will with them. You can also tell them you don't want to do it this way but you will and now they *owe you one*.

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator