RE: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken

Subject: RE: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken
From: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
To: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 15:26:43 -0500

Lauren,

The type of report I wrote about in my last email where I researched
equipment and how it was used and so forth was NOT a market analysis by
my company that researched the competitors of that company. I will not
nor can not go into much more detail than I did already as the work was
classified. I WILL repeat the assertion that it was NOT a market
analysis, in the sense you think. There were definitely technical
elements to the report and it was much more than a market analysis.

In any case, this is all pointless as you refuse to admit that anyone
else may be right. Technical writing, as we all know, is a VERY broad
term that encompasses a variety of writing types and styles. What one
person does can be, and often is, very different from what another does,
and so forth. Accept that and don't limit yourself or others and we'll
all be much happier. Beth and others have had very good points along
these very lines.

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical