Re: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken

Subject: Re: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 13:53:44 -0700

Because your discussion is irrelevant to the subject
of the thread, i.e., "definition of tech writer, was STC
is broken." You can toss around all the arbitrary
differences you like, but none of them have much,
if any, influence of who qualifies for a position as a
technical writer, gets to call themselves one or whose
needs should or should not being served by an org
for technical writers such as the STC . And if that's
not the reason you're trying to come up with a
"definition of tech writer," then what are you trying
to accomplish with this argument in the first place,
except perhaps to tick off all the people who receive
this list who don't happen to fit your personal
definition of technical writer is?

Gene Kim-Eng