Re: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken

Subject: Re: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:00:00 -0700

My first thought when I hear of technical
writers trying to get their titles changed to
"technical communicator," "information
developer," etc., is that it must be a terrible
thing to be working in a place where being
called a writer causes one to develop such
an inferiority complex.

Ok, that's actually my second thought. The
first time I ever heard the term "technical
communicator," my first thought was "it's
that badge that people on Star Trek tap
whenever they want to call the guy in
Engineering, right?"

Gene Kim-Eng