Re: Can I Get Your Input Please

Subject: Re: Can I Get Your Input Please
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: "Hemstreet, Deborah" <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 11:30:45 -0400

Hemstreet, Deborah wrote:

> 4) Who benefits by your NOT being hired?

Somewhere in the upper reaches of the company someone said, "[Name of
Blessed Lord and Saviour]!!! We can't have him doing that! The
proverbial stuff will hit the proverbial rotating device! Stop him." The
writer's manager is trying to do that.

Continuing the quasi-religious theme, the company has a Left Hand and a
Right Hand, and the two parts cannot know what each other are doing.
Perhaps one is devoted to upholding the Company's Ethics in public,
while the other part assiduously lies, cheats and steals. The writer has
inadvertently applied to work for the Other Hand.

Somewhere on our vast Planet (or three, for those who'll accept
off-planet gigs) there is a better company. Go for it!

Oh, don't jump until you have a planet upon which to land.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList