RE: Advice sought re. training materials

Subject: RE: Advice sought re. training materials
From: "Karen Murri" <kmurri -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'Pippa Cohen'" <cohenpippa -at- googlemail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 15:21:54 -0500

For that type of training, I'd create a checklist, just to make sure you
cover all the salient points. The user guide is what you leave in their
hands when you're done - they don't need anything more than that. Make sure
you include some sort of skill test so that you can say, "yes, they know
what to do" with some confidence.

PowerPoint presentations are for stand up training and grossly over-used
IMO.

Good luck with that time frame.

-Karen