RE: Developing training materials

Subject: RE: Developing training materials
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: <chrismorton11 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "'Rob Hudson'" <caveatrob -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 18:07:17 -0700

I wouldn't do double-sided because that gets messy when writing on both
sides and referencing is easier without having to flip over pages. I have
done handouts with one slide and a lined page beneath the slide to make
note-taking easier. The three slide with notes on the right also work, but
the slides are sometimes too small. A study guide or mini-manual is good.
Exercises or a little workbook of exercises, especially if they are
incorporated into the presentation are good. One-page FAQs, helpful hints,
or "things to remember" are good.

What are some of things that you found most useful from presentations that
you have attended? Incorporate those, too.

Once you have a good idea of things to use, then trim down your selection of
materials to the detailed handout (like your manual or study guide), the
notes handout (your PowerPoint presentation handout or whatever graphical
thing you have printed), the one-page helpful document, and possibly one
other thing. The main thing is to keep is simple, so about 3 take aways
that are distinctly different but work well together are good.

Lauren