RE: InDesign woes

Subject: RE: InDesign woes
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: <chrismorton11 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Collin Turner" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 14:04:25 -0600

Chris Morton wrote:

> Dunno about ID, but I can tell you that FrameMaker is in *serious*
need of
> 100% rewrite. It doesn't even support drag 'n' drop editing, for
> out
> loud. *What* year is it?

I can't imagine drag 'n' drop editing being even moderately important to
someone creating the kind of documents for which FrameMaker is best
suited. If that feature really matters to you, maybe you're not using
the right tool for your type of work.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.