Laptop Question (off topic? I don't know)

Subject: Laptop Question (off topic? I don't know)
From: "Hemstreet, Deborah" <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 08:44:43 -0400

Hi All,

I have a question about laptops and was wanting some advice.

I do work from home, requiring MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat,
and graphics, sometimes HTML as well.

My current laptop is slowing going the way of old laptops.

I do not WANT Vista... And know I want a DELL.

Does anyone know the difference between a Vostro and Latitude?

Would you think that the default graphics card provided with Dell
laptops is good enough for my needs, or do I need an upgrade?

Does a 720 rpm hard drive make that much of a difference.

Maybe this is offtopic, but maybe not, since we all of us who work from
home need to buy our own supplies.

I have until June 16 to be able to buy a Dell with Windows XP (Home
Edition) (a system admin said not much diff between XP home vs XP

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice

documentation. Boost your productivity!

or visit