Re: MS Word Text Form Fields

Subject: Re: MS Word Text Form Fields
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: chrismorton11 -at- gmail -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 07:51:23 -0700 (PDT)

If the form you're working with has to be editable,
but you want the fields to be usable as actual form
elements, then I'd recommend this: lock it by using
the padlock icon on the Forms toolbar. When you
distribute the form (assuming you send it by email),
add a section to the email that explains the use of
that toolbar/icon, so people can understand how and
why to unlock if they need to edit the verbiage, and
how and why to lock it when they only need to fill in
data fields. I'd also probably add a paragraph at the
top of the document that explains this locking
business.

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/klhra%40yahoo.com