Re: Tech Writer Lawsuit

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Lawsuit
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Jodie Gilmore" <jgilmor -at- pacifier -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:01:02 -0400

I agree, though also realize that this type of lawsuit is not new nor
is it uncalled for. As I posted earlier, this is happening with all
sorts of positions in all sorts of industries due to loose adherence
to and downright abuse of US exempt labor laws. Exempt + At Will +
zero accountability = trouble. Many companies are now auditing their
job positions and many are flipping a good number of roles (especially
non-senior ones) to non-exempt to lock step with the labor laws.

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList