RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit

Subject: RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "'Gene Kim-Eng'" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:42:47 -0700

The definition of "employee in the computer software field" states, "an
employee in the computer software field who is paid on an hourly basis shall
be exempt."

This part of the exemption law only applies to *hourly* employees in the
computer software *field*. This does not mean that somebody must work with
a computer software company.

This rule extends the current exemption law to hourly (as opposed to
salaried) employees, but this rule excludes technical writers.

The exception to the exemption law does not apply to Hoenemier if she is
earning a fixed salary.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList