RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit

Subject: RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:40:26 -0600

Fred Ridder wrote:

> Richard Combs wrote (in part):
> > I think I agree, except that you've reversed exempt and non-exempt.
> > Exempt means "exempt from the wage-hour laws," so it's the salaried
> > workers that are exempt; hourly workers are non-exempt.
> Well not exactly. Lauren is referring to the exemption from overtime
> that applies to highly paid hourly employees, who are commonly
> to as non-exempt employees. What she is saying is that tech writers
> are excepted from the overtime exemption for highly paid non-exempt
> employees. Clear as mud, just like the labor laws themselves.
> ;^)

I suppose they'll eventually add an exclusion to the exception to the
exemption for the non-exempt. ;-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom

documentation. Boost your productivity!

or visit

RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit: From: Combs, Richard
RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit: From: Lauren
RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit: From: Fred Ridder