Re: Tools: Tracking down copyright violations (Take II)

Subject: Re: Tools: Tracking down copyright violations (Take II)
From: "heidi arnold" <heidi -dot- w -dot- arnold -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Geoff Hart" <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 15:52:03 -0400

re Geoff's post below --

i don't think there is anything innocent in taking something that does
not belong to you. a written document is a thing, it is possible to
steal language, crafted words, the knowledge hidden in words. i am
not acquanted with the Berne convention on copyright, possibly
copyright law will differ according to where a document was written or
where it was eventually published.

since my only income source is the sale of my writings when published,
it is my responsibility not just to me but to the community of writers
to pursue theft of my work. i keep track, i keep originals, i don't
have a choice. it is not okay to steal a means of making a living.
it is not innocent. it pisses people off, and destroys the
atmosphere, what have you. most people can write more interesting
books than they can find to read anyway, when they in real terms write
their own stuff.

my 2 cents on a quick coffee break. i definitely consider attorney's
fees worth the price if my work gets stolen. i have plenty of time to
go after a thief in such a case.

back to regular work.

regards,

heidi

www.vigilpeace.blogspot.com

Most violations are innocent -- that is, there's a broad and

www.heidiarnold.org
www.vesperwilderness.blogspot.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList