Document Mapping

Subject: Document Mapping
From: "Hemstreet, Deborah" <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:07:54 -0400

Hi All,

I have a question: are there any tools out there to help someone do a
graphical representation of documentation?

We have some incredibly complex procedures with many supporting
documents. My supervisor would like (and I think it's a nice idea), a
graphical representation of how all of these documents relate to each
other, as well as to the company as a whole. (with references to the doc
numbers). Color codes could indicate the types of documents (policy vs
procedure vs work instructions)

This way, someone can, at a glance, see what is involved via charting
and color coding what documents are needed to do something.

Any thoughts or ideas?

documentation. Boost your productivity!

or visit