RE: Do TWs need to be formally educated in engineering and science? was, RE: old school

Subject: RE: Do TWs need to be formally educated in engineering and science? was, RE: old school
From: "Ronquillo, Michael" <mronquillo -at- equitrac -dot- com>
To: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- SoleraTec -dot- com>, "AL Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 12:33:15 -0400

I honestly believe that the major selling points of a TW are as follows:

- Ability to expertly use Framemaker. Programmers don't know how to do
this.
- Ability to stay "dumb" and not be so smart. At the end of the day, we
are the quasi end users and programmers are too smart to the point they
forgot the basics and how to explain things fundamentally
- Our outrageous attention to detail

Any more selling points anyone has, please add on.