RE: old school

Subject: RE: old school
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Susan W Gallagher" <susanwg -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Janice Gelb" <Janice -dot- Gelb -at- sun -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:31:18 -0600

Susan W Gallagher wrote:

> When my daughter was in Jr High (she's now the mother of 3 great boys)
> came running into the kitchen all upset - she'd bought a can of soda
> the
> pull tab broke. I proceeded to pull the old "church key" out of the
> and started to punch holes in the top of the can. Her eyes got wide,
> she
> asked incredulously, "can you *do* that???"

Just the other day, I heard Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" on the
radio, and these lyrics struck me:

"I blew out my flip flop,
Stepped on a pop top,
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home."

How many people hearing that today have no idea what a pop top is or how
it could cut your heel? When was the last time you saw a pop top?

Or are you one of those who still decorates the Christmas tree with long
silver garlands made from pop tops? ;-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.