Re: STC Philadelphia conference sessions

Subject: Re: STC Philadelphia conference sessions
From: "Guy K. Haas" <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: "John Hedtke" <john -at- hedtke -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 12:43:16 -0700 (PDT)

OK, John. Take off your Board hat, and just lay out for us what is so
valuable about the STC Summit/AnnualConference that you are willing to pay
out of your own pocket for it.

How does contractor-vs-staff color this?

How does presenter-vs-attender?

How does rookie-vs-senior?

How does gregarious-vs-introvert?

--Guy K. Haas
Software Exegete in Silicon Valley




On Wed, May 21, 2008 12:37 pm, John Hedtke wrote:
> I've always thought so since I've been going (1996). Except for the
> last three years when I was on the Board, I've had to pay for
> everything myself, including the time off. Next year, I'm off the
> Board, so I'll have to pay for everything myself, again. I'm still
> planning on going.
>
> Yours truly,
>
> John Hedtke
> Author/Consultant/Contract Writer
> www.hedtke.com <-- website
> Region 7 Director, STC
> 541-685-5000 (office landline)
> 541-554-2189 (cell)
> john -at- hedtke -dot- com (primary email)
> johnhedtke -at- aol -dot- com (secondary email)
>
>
>
> At 12:34 PM 5/21/2008, Rob Hudson wrote:
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I was browsing the conference program for the STC conference in
>>Philadelphia and noticed a few sessions that might be useful. I don't,
>>however, know what to expect in terms of quality at the sessions. Is
>>the STC conference generally worth the time and money?
>>
>>rob
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
>>printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
>>Microsoft Office, team authoring, plus more.
>>http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList
>>
>>True single source, conditional content, PDF export, modular help.
>>Help & Manual is the most powerful authoring tool for technical
>>documentation. Boost your productivity! http://www.helpandmanual.com
>>
>>---
>>You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as john -at- hedtke -dot- com -dot-
>>
>>To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>or visit
>> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/john%40hedtke.com
>>
>>
>>To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>
>>Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
> printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
> Microsoft Office, team authoring, plus more.
> http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList
>
> True single source, conditional content, PDF export, modular help.
> Help & Manual is the most powerful authoring tool for technical
> documentation. Boost your productivity! http://www.helpandmanual.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/guy%40hiskeyboard.com
>
>
> To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.
>
>


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
Microsoft Office, team authoring, plus more.
http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

True single source, conditional content, PDF export, modular help.
Help & Manual is the most powerful authoring tool for technical
documentation. Boost your productivity! http://www.helpandmanual.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-unsubscribe -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/archive%40web.techwr-l.com


To subscribe, send a blank email to techwr-l-join -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and info.


Follow-Ups:

References:
STC Philadelphia conference sessions: From: Rob Hudson
Re: STC Philadelphia conference sessions: From: John Hedtke

Previous by Author: Re: Software Writers, ACM -WAS- Definition of Tech Writer
Next by Author: Re: STC Philadelphia conference sessions
Previous by Thread: Re: STC Philadelphia conference sessions
Next by Thread: Re: STC Philadelphia conference sessions


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads