Re: Define technical communicator's job

Subject: Re: Define technical communicator's job
From: Mike Starr <mikestarr-techwr-l -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:13:57 -0500

Riffing on what Sean came up with...

Technical communicators create a variety of print and online documents that are clear, concise, comprehensive, accurate, correct, accessible, and professional. Typical deliverables include manuals, online documentation, proposals, policies and procedures, and websites. Technical communicators work in all types of businesses and industries around the world and use a variety of methods, tools, and technologies including writing, illustration, graphic design, photography, video, and sound.

Incidentally, I'm not a proponent of brevity at all costs nor am I inclined toward packaging the whole thing into a single sentence. Word tells me this paragraph contains 63 words. I don't think that's too much.

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList