RE: What do you guys think of STCs new definition for technicalwriter?

Subject: RE: What do you guys think of STCs new definition for technicalwriter?
From: "Sean Brierley" <sbrierley -at- Accu-Time -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:12:41 -0400

Hi,

The feedback is often ignored. And, when it's not ignored, I've seen
logically reasoned feedback shot down for illogical reasons or no good
reasons. And, after that behaviour is repeated, those who would offer
feedback get cheesed off. I'm not sure if the tactic is deliberate, but
it seems to work in reducing the amount of feedback received.

Voting? Voting is a different issue. I think voting will always be a
problem because most of us do not know the candidates and, so, have no
reason to choose between them. Often, the guy from the biggest chapter
wins just because he gets his chapter's vote. Moreover, now that
regional directors are gone, the candidates are going to be even further
removed from the membership, particularly the membership of smaller
chapters. I don't have a good solution for that.

Cheers,

Sean