RE: Is Vista "there" yet?

Subject: RE: Is Vista "there" yet?
From: David Hailey <david -dot- hailey -at- usu -dot- edu>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:57:52 -0600

I agree with Gene.

I currently use a computer with Vista for producing graphics. At idle, the OS uses 40% of my (2GB) RAM. Microsoft also changed some of its vocabulary, forcing users to relearn meanings. When I first saw it, I thought it looked really good, but the good looks quickly wore off. If replacing it wasn't so complicated, I'd replace it in a heartbeat.

David E. Hailey, Jr., Ph.D.
Associate Professor -- Professional and Technical Writing
Utah State University
dhailey -at- english -dot- usu -dot- edu

Gene said:

No. If you want to try using Vista on a new system, at least get a dual-boot setup so you can boot to XP if you need to.

Wireless "n" is being widely sold, but is not an official "standard" yet. Most "n" routers and adapters will probably work fine with the final standard (but may require updating the firmware).

Gene Kim-Eng

documentation. Boost your productivity!

or visit

Is Vista "there" yet?: From: McLauchlan, Kevin
Re: Is Vista "there" yet?: From: Gene Kim-Eng