RE: Keep XP fresh till Windows 7 (Was: Is Vista "there" yet?)

Subject: RE: Keep XP fresh till Windows 7 (Was: Is Vista "there" yet?)
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Stuart Burnfield" <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:49:39 -0400

I'm trying to persuade myself that I need a new laptop instead of a new
bicycle (same price range... :-), so I peruse the electronics stores
flyers.
In the past month or two, all mention of Windows Vista seems to have
evaporated from the ads.

Either they don't mention the OS, or they say XP. This contrasts with
the blurbs for Vista-ready and then "with Vista Home edition - update to
Vista Premium for.... dollars" that predominated last year and early
this year.
I don't see any panic-purchase-inducing notes about XP becoming
hard-to-get in the near future.

Of course, I also note that the "consumer" laptops mostly all specify
"Centrino T5550", so I'll be looking to Eurocom instead of BestBuy... As
mentioned in another post, the preferred vendor offers flavors of XP
only. No mention of Vista.

Cheers,

Kevin