RE: My complaint about the tedious immortal thread

Subject: RE: My complaint about the tedious immortal thread
From: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- SoleraTec -dot- com>
To: "Keith Hood" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:46:46 -0700

Your original request was not to change the subject line. It was to
desist. That was presumptuous, as was your suggestion that what was
obviously material to at least three posters on the list was of no
interest to anyone else. If you wanted a new subject line, why didn't
you say so initially? I think most TWs would agree that it is important
to avoid presumption and strive for clarity.

Had you asked that I change the subject line, I would have happily
obliged. Changing the subject line is a good idea. I'll remember to do
so in the future.

Six emails hardly constitutes "a huge flood". I think most TWs would
agree that it's important to eschew hyperbole. On the other hand, if six
emails really "filled" your in box, you really need to do something
about your email server.

Neither your presumption that what was written is not material to TW or
of interest to anyone else, nor your attempt to censor me, Keith, and
Gene, nor your implicit slight fit in with any idea of "plane good
manners" that I've ever encountered. I think most TWs would agree that
"plane good manners" are important when communicating with ones
audience.

Leonard