Re: One option for dealing with many postings on tech wr-l

Subject: Re: One option for dealing with many postings on tech wr-l
From: Mike Starr <mikestarr-techwr-l -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: 'techwr-l List' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:45:10 -0500

You know, I hear all the time how wonderful gmail is because it displays messages in threads. Most of the standard email clients have done that for years. You can do it in Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail Desktop and Mozilla Thunderbird to name a few. And with a traditional email client, you can have multiple email accounts. I currently use Thunderbird to access a dozen email accounts that I've set up for my various email lists. All of the emails from an individual list come into an email folder just for that list. And you don't need to wait for the server to display a message like you do with a web-based email service.

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList