Re: Display, Displays, or Appears

Subject: Re: Display, Displays, or Appears
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:31:53 -0700

The fundamental difference here is that the barn, tree
and mailbox are all fixed in their locations and are not
going to just spring up out of nowhere when the driver
approaches them (and in this case, if they did it would
be a good thing to tell someone driving a car that such
a thing was going to happen unless you both lived on
a place like Toontown where things like this happen
regularly).

This instruction would be more analagous to telling
a user how to pick one of the commands on a menu
bar at the top of the window out from the others when
all are already displayed.

Gene Kim-Eng