RE: Variety in Tech Writing (was: Display, Displays, or Appears)

Subject: RE: Variety in Tech Writing (was: Display, Displays, or Appears)
From: john -at- garisons -dot- com
To: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:20:35 -0400 (EDT)

The closest thing I've seen to really revolutionary new ways of
communicating technical information is in O'Reilly's latest series of
"Head First" books. I got the Head First: SQL recently and I love the way
it sucks you in to the content. My wife had gotten the Head First: PMP
book and loved it. I looked at the JavaScript one and it's excellent, as
is the HTML and CSS one. The Ajax book is due shortly.

It uses lots of pictures, crazy funny, but useful and typical examples,
and does a great job of using the problem to determine what the solution
would be.

Take a look next time you're at Borders or Barnes & Noble ... and you can
find reviews about them on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-SQL-Brain-Learners/dp/0596526849/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213111177&sr=1-7

My 2¢,

John Garison