Re: Commute/Flex work options a Deal breaker?

Subject: Re: Commute/Flex work options a Deal breaker?
From: "Collin Turner" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:04:38 -0600

Oye...again, I say oye. A few (and I mean just a few) of you folks are too
literal. Lighten up a bit?

As for caffeine, why the personal jab Bill? Have I done something to offend?
If so, please let me know. I'll even take the constructive criticism on list
(*Note: the word "constructive"). If you want to flame me? Feel free to do
it off list.

Now, to get to your questions.

First off, did you read the original question? If not, please take the time
to do so.

Of course I don't mean all the time. As some of us have discussed in earlier
messages posted to the list we have a consensus that a couple days a week is
considered optimal.

As for hourly employment...why does that matter? I've worked hourly
contracts where Tele-work was standard 2 or 3 days a week. Each of those
contracts was on a strict schedule. For the sake of clarity, would you care
to state some examples for us Bill?

As far as documenting the work of others, I have worked in situations (and
for companies) where the SMEs I need to consult work in different countries
and/or time zones. Needless to say...that's a conferencing situation and
more times than not it's done from home. It's never been an obsticle.

VPN's, Webmail, some readily available software and recording/conferencing
equipment and you're good to go. Even a company that doesn't have a VPN or
Webmail does not pose a problem, there are always workarounds that (with
careful instruction of IT personnell) will do.

And Bill - Here are your glasses.

Motive. (From the original message)
"Just curious..."

Have a nice day!