Re: Looking for a miracle

Subject: Re: Looking for a miracle
From: "Suzette Leeming" <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Kathleen MacDowell" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:44:46 -0400

Do you think it would work to use Snag It, and capture the text? I'm not
sure if it would lose all the formatting though.

Suzette Leeming
Stouffville, Ontario

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Kathleen MacDowell <
kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com> wrote:

> I don't know what model of Adobe you have, but in Adobe Acrobat
> Professional there are several quick approaches to recovering. (I just
> tried both). The first is to copy the file, then paste it into a Word
> file. That included everything except the linked figures, but the
> formatting was lost, i.e., the headers and footers were mixed in with
> the text, although the headings did come out in bold.
>
> The second, much better way is to export to Word. Everything came
> through fine, including the figures, but I'm sure you'll want to check
> everything.
>
> Good luck--if you don't have professional, you could send me the file
> and I could convert it for you....I'm working with Word 2003 and AAP
> 8.0.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kathleen
>
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Sean Brierley <sbrierley -at- accu-time -dot- com>
> wrote:
> > Assuming Adobe 8.0 is Adobe Acrobat 8.0, try save as RTF.
> >
> > I have no idea why it would be an image, the text should be preserved
> > (not much else though).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Sean

> > Sean Brierley
> > Technical Writer
> > www.accu-time.com

"What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others." - Diogenes

Need affordable web hosting? I recommend 1 & 1 - that's where I'm hosted!
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=6815038

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList