RE: Never lead with a graphic

Subject: RE: Never lead with a graphic
From: rebecca_hopkins -at- comcast -dot- net (Rebecca Hopkins)
To: "Tech Whirlers" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 19:44:28 +0000

Leonard,

Thanks for the advice - I'm just arming myself for the inevitable conversation with the boss.

I talked to one of my younger co-workers, and he said that's what he learned in school as well - never lead with a graphic. He could not remember the rationale, however. Since the boss is newer to the tech writing circus than I am, I'm thinking she also "received" this wisdom that I missed out on.

We're going through one of those clean-out-the-fridge, salute-it-or-paint-it re-orgs of the company's various doc sets, and standards for standardization's sake are being carved in stone as we speak. Two people who remember it from class outnumber one person's personal opinion. I will have to find references to back up my argument.
-----
Rebecca

From: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- SoleraTec -dot- com>

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList