Re: Printing to PDF

Subject: Re: Printing to PDF
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Holly Steele" <hsteele1 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:30:01 +0530

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Holly Steele <hsteele1 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am having a lot of trouble printing my huge master document to PDF.
>
> I can print PDF documents of smaller documents, even the subdocuments, but
> the master document freezes every time I try to print to PDF. One time it
> almost printed. It spat out a log that said that there were errors and the
> PDF was not able to print.
>
> Has this or anything similar happened to you? Do you have any suggestions on
> how I could deal with this difficulty?

Holly, if you have Acrobat Professional, you could try starting it up
and beginning the conversion process from there, not from Word (one of
the options on the File menu, if I remember right, enables you to
choose a file to convert to PDF).

If that doesn't work, a more tedious option would be to create PDFs of
the individual subdocuments, then use Acrobat Professional to combine
them into a single PDF. I haven't done this, but if memory serves me
right, it's fraught with annoyances like broken cross-refs/hyperlinks
and the like.

Another possibility to explore would be to create a new 'master'
document, that included the sub-documents using RD fields, instead of
Word's master document feature; this would need you to build a new
TOC, of course, but might help you get around the problems you're
facing.

Hope this helps; when Word chooses to act up, it *really* acts up :-(
Regards
Ed.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList