Re: Value of basic computer science qualification?

Subject: Re: Value of basic computer science qualification?
From: "Janet Swisher" <jmswisher -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Joey P" <joeyp2008 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:17:18 -0500

Hi Joe,

Assuming you're documenting software, it's not going to hurt, and it's
likely to help. I'm not familiar with certifications in the UK, but I
believe that having a Java certification got me one job, and probably helped
on another.

I suggest starting with a basic course, and then deciding whether to pursue
advanced study, and in what, based on either your interests or your
opportunities. No point going in depth on networking if your next job is in
databases, or vice versa.

Good luck.

--
Visit my blog at: http://www.janetswisher.com