Re: Single Sourcing With Adobe Framemaker 7.1

Subject: Re: Single Sourcing With Adobe Framemaker 7.1
From: "Caroline Tabach" <caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Joseph <panopticon23 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:03:16 +0300

I think that
" conditional text, different books, variables, and text insets." are
the elements that allow single sourcing.
Maybe you can further explain exactly what you are looking for, and
what your requirements are.
What you want to input and the output you need to produce (help files
in what format, PDF, html or what?)

On 7/26/08, Joseph <panopticon23 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a technical writer working for an IT company. I am searching for an
> easy method and/or documentation for single sourcing with Framemaker 7.1. I
> am looking for "true" single sourcing, not an ad hoc method that uses
> conditional text, different books, variables, and text insets.
>
> I am aware that Framemaker 8.0 has full DITA supported and could easily buy
> it through my company. However, at this time my understanding is that 8.0
> will not save as pdf if headers are cross referenced. Therefore, I am
> restricted to 7.1.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Joseph
> Email: panopticon23 -at- gmail -dot- com

Caroline Tabach
Technical Writer
e-mail: caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/