Re: Information gathering.....

Subject: Re: Information gathering.....
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L''" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:54:04 -0700

I have occaisionally recorded assembly and other procedures
for later reference, but these were records of procedures that
I was present for and took part in, and the tapes were all full of
me asking questions. I wouldn't expect engineers, techs or
other hands-on people to spontaneously provide all the info
needed for documents resulting from the procedure.

Based on your description of the company's history and
current management's thinking, perhaps yout most productive
use of video would be to aim the camera at yourself and use
the recordings to help polish your interviewing skills...

Gene Kim-Eng