Re: Coworker who won't take no for an answer

Subject: Re: Coworker who won't take no for an answer
From: Debra Hansen <debrahansen77 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, "Blount, Patricia A" <Patricia -dot- Blount -at- ca -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

I have been in your situation several times and it is one that I always wished would just go away. However, it won't and you need to protect yourself. You need to document everything that happens (date, time, places, what was said). Human Resources will do some fact checking and it's what they need to know. Document everything your manager tells you today also. The perpetrator will deny any wrong doing and will have his own side of the story (he'll probably lie) so be prepared. Just because you went to management first does not necessarily mean they will believe you and not him.

I would guess there are other technical people who know the product as well as this man so find out if you can work with another SME because you can expect retaliation from this man and you should not be in the situation any longer where he can affect your ability to perform your job.