RE: Coworker who won't take no for an answer

Subject: RE: Coworker who won't take no for an answer
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, Dana Worley <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:52:17 -0400

The only suggestion I'd make in addition to Bill's comment is to use
only the first paragraph of Dana's script on the next occasion. There's
always a possibility that previous demurrals may have been ambiguous
in some way, so start with one direct, clear, unambiguous "drop it".
If the offending person gets the point of the direct "no" and leaves
you alone, you've accomplished the goal without having to make
any kind of threat.

If he doesn't get the point of the direct "no", you've only had to
endure one more instance of his intrusion before you use both of
Dana's paragraphs and start the escalation process with an
explicit warning.

-Fred Ridder

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/