RE: PDF Creation Errors

Subject: RE: PDF Creation Errors
From: "Sean Brierley" <sbrierley -at- Accu-Time -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:21:59 -0400

Hi,

The version of the Acrobat or Reader that can view your PDF is set in
your Joboptions in distiller in the General area: use the Compatibility
drop-down. This has nothing to do with PDF/A, etc.

One other way you can set the compatibility of the PDF is using Acrobat
Advanced>PDF Optimizer to set a minimum version of Acrobat or Reader.

There's some info about PDF/A on the Web, such as
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/A.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Brierley