RE: Poll: Is technical writing a sellout or fallback career?

Subject: RE: Poll: Is technical writing a sellout or fallback career?
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Lauren'" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 15:29:43 -0400

Lauren wrote:

"I take it from the recent poll question that the Tom Johnson does not value
technical writing very much. From the phrasing of his poll questions, I
take it that he does not value clear writing very much. I thought his site
was supposed to be supportive of writing. I guess not."

Tom's a good guy. How this went from a simple poll question to a statement
about someone's professionalism is beyond me. It was okay making fun of the
question, let's not degrade to personal attacks. You really need to take
life a lot less serious.

BTW...Otter Creek Copper or Long Trail Amber are my beers of choice right
now...and I'm a bottle baby.

Al Geist
Technical Communicator, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography
Office/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com
Website: www.geistassociates.com
See Also:
Fine Art Photography
Website: www.geistimages.com

"...I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a pilgrim
without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold each
day." (Sy Safransky)

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/