Re: Poll: Is technical writing a sellout or fallback career?

Subject: Re: Poll: Is technical writing a sellout or fallback career?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Tom Johnson" <tomjohnson1492 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:35:04 -0700

I responded to the poll early on and wasn't going to say
anything in the food fight that ensued, but on this point
I would have to say don't try to change their views on
technical writing. No profession needs people who enter
it without any real enthusiasm, and the last thing I want
is more resumes from people like that. I spend the
majority of my interviewing time trying to weed out
candidates who would click on "yes" in this poll.

Gene Kim-Eng