RE: One or two LCD Monitors?

Subject: RE: One or two LCD Monitors?
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:22:33 -0500 (CDT)

How about getting an overhead projector? At a startup where they used
one constantly for meetings, the projected image took up an entire wall.

However, they only displayed in it the same amount they would on their
laptop screen.

Is there a way to project on a wall that's close to you (say, your desk
is against that wall, so the image is only 3 feet or so away)? Can you
jigger the projection area so it's, say, 3 feet wide and two feet high,
and everything in it is readable? You would set up your applications so
that they would appear on your original monitor using, say, 12" across
and 8" deep, even if your mjonitor is much bigger, and all the things
you jam into it would be too small to read on the monitor, but would be
perfectly legible on your wall.

Does anyone do this? Is it possible? It would be so wonderful for my
small home office where I need every scrap of space and would love to
get rid of my monitor.