Re: Senior Tech Writer classification

Subject: Re: Senior Tech Writer classification
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <beelia -at- pacbell -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:15:17 -0700

Most of the time these "new age job descriptions" are
a wasted exercise. At first people will give you that "duh"
face and ask, "what's an information developer?" After
you've explained what you do to a few hundred people,
they'll just shrug and say, "oh, you mean a technical
writer," and you'll be right back where you were in the
beginning, except that you will meet even fewer people
at cocktail parties who know what you do when you
introduce yourself..

Gene Kim-Eng